Saturday, April 30, 2016

Berlin

We have been in Berlin for the last three days.  I tried to publish on my I pad...no success. So I will add some of our adventures the next couple days.
We drove to Gedser, two hours, took the ferry to Rostock, two hours, and drove another two hours to Berling.  We bought the Berlin Pass which gave us entrance into most of the museums, a bus tour, a canal cruise and best of all a walking tour.  I'm not sure we actually used up all the money invested, but it was nice not to have to debate about just checking out a museum.  The first day, we took the bus tour and did most of the museums on Museums Island.
 
 Kaiser Wilhelm Church was bombed during WWII and left as a memorial.  The waffle-building on the left is a new church with blue glass in the little windows.
 
The huge train station.
 The iconic Brandenberg Gate.
 Berlin Cathedral Church..I climbed to the top and walked around the dome for a wonderful view of the city.







No comments:

Post a Comment