Sunday, February 15, 2015

Danish All Day

We have been invited to speak on the High Council Circuit this year again.  Last year I used an interpreter. This year I decided to bite the bullet and try it in Danish.  I wrote the talk and Jim and our Secretary at the temple helped me translate it.  Today I gave it for the first time in the Allerød Ward.  It went okay and I think they understood most of it.  Jim and I have been reading the Book of Mormon  aloud in Danish and that has helped immensely with pronunciation I talked about the various slangerne på stæmger (snakes on poles) that the Lord has put up for us to look at and be protected and blessed.  I talked about three that have been important in my life: Family Home Evening, reading The Book of Mormon daily and doing Family History Work/Temple Work.
We finished off the day with a lovely dinner at the Warnsdorf's and the Temple Presidency, where the conversation was mostly Danish.  Reading and understanding Danish are two different things,,,,


No comments:

Post a Comment