Monday, June 20, 2016

19.4 Miles

Once I get on my bike, I usually have a goal or place I want to visit.  Today it was to Toys "R Us which is just by IKEA.  I was looking for the game we played at Andersen's Summer House.

 But  Lyngby where we shopped when we lived in Holte wasn't too much further, so I continued on.
This is one of my favorite stores.  It is an old-fashioned, packed housewares store.  Full of great things to look at. Note the girl in her gymnasium graduation hat.
Now it is time to get home.  I could ride directly east from Lyngby on Klampenborgvej and come to Bakken, "The oldest Amusement Park in the World."  Which of course I did.

The oldest wooden roller coaster, still running, is here.
After this great picture opportunity, I biked home down Strandvejen against 15 MPH winds,the hardest part of the trip. But I made the loop I'd been thinking about. iI turned out to be 19.4 miles. Hope I can move  tomorrow.....


No comments:

Post a Comment