Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Doctor's Visit

For the last several days I have been messing around with what I thought was allergies with a runny nose and itchy eye.  By last night it was painful and this morning I called and got into the eye doctor by noon.  In the Danish Health Care System you have to have your primary care doctor refer you to all specialties except for eyes and ENT.  Those you can just call and make your own appointment.
   The care was great and the equipment up to par.  It is often the facilites that leave a little to be desired.
 For example, the waiting room was pretty spartan...
 But the check-in was just a swipe of a card and your appointment was verified..
 The elevator seemed a little iffy.  It reminded me of a space capsule........or very large hot water heater.  Not for those with claustrophobia.
However, the antibiotics are working and my eye is feeling much better tonight.  Crazy when I can't see clearly it affects my hearing.....

1 comment:

  1. Hello Janet, Until I got hearing aids, I often said, "I can't SEE what you are saying!" I was depending a lot on lip reading to figure out what was being said. Perhaps you are also relying on lip reading more than you realize. Love your blog! I can feel a part of Denmark from home. Had a PPI with the counselor in our mission presidency a couple days ago. Your names came up as his good friends--Elder Banks. We are serving in the Salt Lake City East Mission, living at home and serving fulltime in our stake. Karen Pedersen

    ReplyDelete