Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Let Them Eat Cake..

This is one of our favorite cakes - chocolate chip oatmeal. It works well for two as it just gets better as it sits, but it is also easy to share with the chocolate chips and nuts on top and no icing to stick to whatever you cover it with. (imported chocolate chips from America)
   I took a piece to a handicapped sister who speaks little English.  We actually carried on a sort of conversation for 15 minutes, using pretty basic words on both sides. It didn't matter she was happy for the visit and I was happy to be there.
I miss my good cake pans from home.  I will be bringing one back with a cover on it in October.The sizes here are a bit different and it is always interesting to see how my American recipes using cups instead of deci-liters work.

No comments:

Post a Comment