Sunday, January 26, 2014

Allerod Ward

  Jim and I have been asked to join the High Council Speaking rotations and speak once a month to a different unit in the stake.  Today we spoke in Allerod which is about 30 miles north.  I have worried about what language to use.  I could read a Danish talk or use a translator.  I opted for a little of both.  I started in Danish, had a translator and finished with a testimony in Danish.  I am much more interesting in English.
  Here is the lovely little chapel they have.

This was the beginning of Relief Society.  More came in as it progressed.  The books are their hymn books with homemade covers. We discussed Elder Holland's talk on depression.  It was a sweet, open discussion, most of which I understood thanks to the sister in purple who sat by me and translated.

No comments:

Post a Comment